Flexday is temporarily suspending access to our network of workspaces from 6 pm today (Friday March 13, 2020) as a precautionary measure due to the increased risk of COVID-19 infection in Toronto.
Yesterday, the City of Toronto's Emergency Operations Centre escalated their response to Level 2 (out of 3) and publicly-funded schools in Ontario were directed to close for two weeks after March Break.
We are grateful to our first-responders and intend to support them in their goal of "flattening the curve" by encouraging diligent hygiene and social distancing, in part by staying at home whenever possible.
The risk of community transmission appears low at the moment though experts warn that infections will increase. For those of us with low mortal risk, we owe a duty of care to those in our communities who are more vulnerable.
We take pride in being your trusted source for workspace freedom and look forward to welcoming you back as soon as it is safe to do so.
All monthly memberships will be paused as of today.
Our team is working on a virtual workspace to support your productivity while you are working from home and more information will be shared shortly.
We are here to listen to your questions and concerns.
**Note sent to all members on March 10, 2020**
In recent weeks, we've seen a regional outbreak of a novel coronavirus grow into a global concern.
At this time, all of our 55 workspace partners are open with regular hours. If this changes at all, you will be notified.
We are watching the developments closely and rely on the advice of science-based resources to ensure the safety of our members, partners and our team:
- Government of Canada Public Health Board: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- Public Health Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
- World Health Organization https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- Johns Hopkins University Global Cases Dashboard: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
According to the WHO, COVID-19 spreads in a manner similar to the flu. Take extra precautions to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap, avoid contact with your face and maintain a 1-meter distance from anyone coughing or sneezing.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or respiratory distress, practice self-isolation at home and contact TeleHealth at 1-866-797-0000 or your Local Public Health Unit (https://www.phdapps.health.gov.on.ca/phulocator/) for further instructions.
If you would like to speak with someone from the Flexday team for any reason, hit reply to this email.
We wish you and your family continued health.